Scott Kostyshak <skostysh <at> lyx.org> writes:

> Currently if you start a new document and save, the default directory in
> the save dialog is the home directory. This is true even if I start lyx
> from a different directory. I would prefer for the default directory to
> be the current working directory.
>
> Has this been discussed before?
>
> Scott

Is it the case under all operating systems that running LyX from a system
menu (Windows Start menu, Ubuntu whatchamacallit, ...) treats the user's
home directory as the current working directory? That seems to be true for
Linux Mint (just tested it), so probably for Ubuntu. If globally true, I see
no harm in the change. We just need to be careful not to ambush anyone.

Paul