Joel Kulesza wrote:

> All the gore and carnage for the failing source file from the configure
> with "--disable-silent-rules" below my signature.
>
> I did try compiling with CMake and see the error(s) below:
>
> 1026 jkulesza@machine[~/SRC/lyx220/build_cmake]> cmake ../.
> -- TOP_SRC_DIR = /home/jkulesza/SRC/lyx220
> -- Building in-source
> --
> -- Using GCC version 5.3.0
> -- Performing Test CXX11_FLAG_DETECTED
> -- Performing Test CXX11_FLAG_DETECTED - Success
> -- CXX11_FLAG_DETECTED = "--std=c++11"
> Warning: QT_QMAKE_EXECUTABLE reported QT_INSTALL_LIBS as
> /opt/anaconda1anaconda2anaconda3/lib
> Warning: /opt/anaconda1anaconda2anaconda3/lib does NOT exist, Qt must NOT
> be installed correctly.
> CMake Error at development/cmake/modules/FindQt4.cmake:363 (message):
>   Could NOT find QtGlobal header
> Call Stack (most recent call first):
>   CMakeLists.txt:625 (find_package)
>
> Thus, it looks like the "finder" for Qt is broken and is identifying
> something associated with my Python installation.

As I learned recently cmake may need QT_QMAKE_EXECUTABLE to point to the
absolute path of the correct qmake. Since the compiler flags look mostly OK
I would not expect that cmake would change anything here.

> Thus, it looks like I continue to be a troublemaker with respect to Qt
(but
> now, at least, on Linux)... At this point, I'm disinclined to pursue
> additional troubleshooting for my own sake (I'm due to get a machine soon
> that I will have the ability to install a binary on); however, if this
line
> of discussion is useful to the developers, I'm happy to pursue it.  Please
> let me know what, if anything, else I can provide that might be of use.

Sounds reasonable. Since it will be easy I'd only like to see the results of
one additional test (see below).

> depbase=`echo sgml.o | sed 's|[^/]*$|.deps/&|;s|\.o$||'`;\
>     g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../../src -I..  -I../../src
> -I../../3rdparty/boost   -DQT_NO_STL -DQT_NO_KEYWORDS -DQT_SHARED
> -I/usr/include/QtCore    -std=c++11 -O2 -Wno-deprecated-declarations  -MT
> sgml.o -MD -MP -MF $depbase.Tpo -c -o sgml.o ../../src/sgml.cpp &&\
>     mv -f $depbase.Tpo $depbase.Po

-std=c++11 wil likely not work with the old qt. The other flags look OK. I
would be interested to see what happens if you call configure with --
disable-cxx11. If that does not help then I am out of ideas and would
suggest to stop the investigation.

Georg