I don't know if this bug has already been documented but a cursory search
didn't find anything related.

When I change a bullet appearance in lyx via Documents --> Settings -->
Bullets --> Level and then pick a bullet icon, the icon for the bullet does
not change within the Itemize environment inside lyx. It does however work
correctly in the pdf. To reiterate, while lyx shows the wrong bullet icon
after it has been changed (as described above), the pdf is correctly
generated. lyx and pdf test files attached.

I'm on lyx-2.2.1, opensuse 42.1 (Qt 4 frontend and not Qt 5).

Anand