Le 23/10/2016 à 04:09, Uwe Stöhr a écrit :
Support for Urdu was once denied because of font problems. The
corresponding bug reported by an Urdu-speaking LyX user is fixed in LyX
2.2: http://www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/9066

Therefore I don't see a reason why LyX cannot support Urdu. Attached is
the patch and a LyX testfile to play with.

I do not see the code that make the LaTeX output work. Why would we have lots of hardcoded tests for arabic and friends but not urdu?? Did you look at each of these tests as I advised and then decided that each of them was unnecessary for Urdu?