On 23.10.2016 17:13, Joel Kulesza wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 23, 2016 at 9:01 AM, racoon <xraco...@gmx.de
> <mailto:xraco...@gmx.de>> wrote:
>

>     On 23.10.2016 16:55, Joel Kulesza wrote:
>

>         Speaking of highlighting: is there a way to highlight text in
>         LyX (e.g.,
> \hl{...} via soul) without ERT? I can change its color, but not its
>         background...
>

>     The PDF Comments module's (Document > Settings > Modules) PDF Markup
>     (Insert > Custom Inset) might help (Help > Specific Manuals > PDF
>     comments).
>

> Thanks for the quick reply.  I'll have to explore that module more for
> other purposes as well.  However, the default highlighting color is
> blue.  This can be changed, but there is a lot of overhead here to do
> something that should probably be in Text Style dialog if all a user
> wants is highlighted text without all the PDF hooks.
>
> Perhaps the default color is something to attack in terms of sensible
> defaults in the short term and adding highlighting to Text Style is a
> long term change?

You might be able to create a module for soul. But, as far as I know, it is not possible to utilize the text style dialog for this. So that might not be too different from the PDF Comments module user interface wise. I don't have the capacity to dig into this at the moment. But maybe you can find someone else who is interested. You could always create an enhancement request in trac (http://www.lyx.org/trac/wiki/BugTrackerHome).