Am Sonntag, den 15.01.2017, 07:49 -0500 schrieb PhilipPirrip:
> Next:
> open my childTwo.lyx alone. It's been set to use Natbib (BibTeX),
> and
> LaTeX code reflects that. But the "xxx generated bibliography" has
> xxx=Biblatex, and it's impossible to change it to what it's supposed
> be, xxx=Bibtex.
> That also prevents one from changing \bibliographystyle from {plain}
> (no option for bibliography style in the dialog).

I think there is nothing we can do here. Since you have set master.lyx
as default master document in Document > Settings, the master is also
opened (hidden) if you open childTwo. Thus the file is considered to ba
a children and inherits the master params.

If you open the child really as a single document (without the "default
master" set), you get the BibTeX settings.

Jürgen