Hi all,

I have used Lyx for several years. This is a really amazing software.

However, many people still write LaTex with text editors. That usually
means when we cowork on some article, we have to write LaTex directly.

This is ok. However, sometimes we have very long and complicated equations.
One of amazing features of Lyx is its math editor. This makes the equation
visible, when you're editing. That has helped me a lot.

Therefore, I'm thinking if it is possible to separate the math editor, as a
standalone, lightweight editor.

I'm also thinking if it is possible to call the editor from vim, emacs or
whatever, when we need to edit an equation, and then return the LaTex code
back to vim or emacs.

It seems there is no such work yet. I'm wondering how difficulty to
implement this. If this is not too hard, I would like to try to do it.

Thank you very much,
Wei-Ting