On Tue, Feb 21, 2017 at 02:07:13AM -0500, Richard Heck wrote:
> On 02/20/2017 09:41 PM, Scott Kostyshak wrote:
> > Is it a bug if our LaTeX output is different when exporting from the
> > command line, versus exporting from the GUI? That is, are there some
> > cases where we expect them to be different, and if so, are these
> > documented?
>
> This is definitely a bug, I'd say.

I get different output for the Spanish UserGuide.lyx.

# I can only reproduce with the Spanish version
cd lib/doc/es
mylyx master -E luatex UserGuide_CL.tex UserGuide.lyx
mylyx master -x "command-sequence buffer-export luatex" UserGuide.lyx
# exit LyX.
diff UserGuide_CL.tex UserGuide.tex

It gives me the following output:

8548c8548
< \settowidth{\nomlabelwidth}{"@, "|, "!, ""}
---
> \settowidth{\nomlabelwidth}{May�sculas}

Thinking more generally, I wonder if it would be useful to automate this
to check all of our documents and formats (more tests?). Or
alternatively, is this a one-time bug that is very unlikely to surface
again?

Scott