Am Dienstag, 21. März 2017 um 10:46:41, schrieb Scott Kostyshak
<skost...@lyx.org>
> On Sat, Mar 18, 2017 at 12:23:10AM -0400, Scott Kostyshak wrote:
> > On Wed, Mar 15, 2017 at 03:47:31PM +0100, Kornel Benko wrote:
>
> > > Scott, could you try to check if the binary-provided qt5.8 crashes on
> > > your system?
> >
> > Yes I will try this when I'm back to my testing computer (I'm currently
> > traveling).
>
> I cannot reproduce with the pre-compiled binary for 5.8.
>
> Attached is output from ldd after compiling with the pre-compiled
> binaries. Note that the path to the pre-compiled binaries for me is (the
> default): /home/scott/Qt/5.8. From what I understand, the output from
> ldd does show that LyX is using the pre-compiled binaries in ~/Qt and
> not my custom-compiled binaries.

My ldd output is lacking some of the libraries.
libexpat.so.1
libxcb-present.so.0
libxcb-sync.so.1
libxshmfence.so.1
libglapi.so.0
libXdamage.so.1
libXfixes.so.3
libX11-xcb.so.1
libxcb-glx.so.0
libxcb-dri2.so.0
libXxf86vm.so.1
libdrm.so.2

But all of them _are_ installed on my pc.

> I used qt-unified-linux-x64-online.run to install, and I selected all of
> the Qt 5.8 components (see attached), and left the default tools
> selected (I think Qt Creator).

Same here.

> I don't have many ideas with how to proceed. I was going to suggest you
> try 5.9.0alpha but there are no binaries for Qt's alphas.

I could send you my lyx-executable.

> You could install Ubuntu on a virtual box and then run the lyx-tester
> script that I use on it. And then instead of using system from the
> repositories (which is what lyx-tester does by default) you can just use
> the pre-compiled binary. I think it would not crash for you (since my
> system is very similar to the one created when running lyx-tester), and
> you could try to see what the difference is between your system and the
> virtual box.
>
> Scott

Will see.

        Kornel