On Sunday, 2 April 2017 13.40.05 WEST Uwe Stöhr wrote:
> - the file was opened without the correct encoding. Since nothing was
> give, utf8 was used. That failed because on Windows it is in cp1252. In
> my patch I use io.open which works with Python 2.6 and 2.7. I think we
> don't need to support also older Python versions.
>
> regards Uwe

I had arrived to some of your conclusion. I had committed some code that I
have only a few seconds later realized that was already in your patch. My bad.
:-)

Regarding the support for older versions of python 2 we already test both
using the autotools ( >= 2.7.0 ) and cmake (>= 2.6).

So that that is not a problem.

I think that we should use an uniform requirement.

python 2.6 can probably work, and python 2.7 works surely.

So, please, commit your patch.

Regards,
--
José Abílio