El 19.04.2017 a las 11:58, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes escribió:

HSpace is a class that contains a GlueLength, a complex class that handles subleties of a length like 1cm-2mm+3mm. Is that "just a string" to you??

"1cm-2mm+3mm" is a string to me, yes. I did not need the special features of the Length class, but I guess for the on screen visualization it is necessary.

I have seen your changes but now LyX has no longer the GlueLength ability as you noted. I cannot remember what I had in mind 8 years ago when implementing it, but I remember that glue length are useful and were even requested by users. So maybe there was a good reason to allow glue lengths for the paragraph indentation.

In your changes you reverted the allowMathIndent() routine in GuiDocument. This is necessary because now we have a bug:
- set default math indent
- now change to custom and input a length and press Apply
- now uncheck "Indent Formulas"
result: the length fields are still active.

I am tending to re-introduce allowMathIndent() therefore.

Do as you want, I am not going to write UI after all.

OK.

regards Uwe