On Mon, May 01, 2017 at 09:54:47PM +0200, Uwe Stöhr wrote:
> El 01.05.2017 a las 18:53, Uwe Stöhr escribió:
>
> > Wohoo, I finally found the problem:
>
> Here is the installer:
>
> http://ftp.lyx.de/LyXWinInstaller/LyX2.3alpha1/
>
> Please check the signature.
>
> The only change I had to make in the tarball files is the attached one. As
> this does not change anything in the LyX functionaltity it is in fact the
> alpha 1.

Unfortunately I don't think we can do this (I wish we could. It would
certainly make my life easier). We must build the Windows binary
directly from the tar ball. See, for example:

  https://www.mail-archive.com/search?l=mid&q=n9ipuj%24qjn%241%40ger.gmane.org

I'm sorry for the inconvenience. I really do understand that it feels
like a waste of time. I hope to avoid this situation in the future (by
sending you a private tar ball a week before planned release).

Kornel, which commits should I cherry-pick from master to
2.3.0-alpha1-x? i.e. which commits do I need for Uwe to build from the
tar ball?

A big thanks to Uwe and Kornel for figuring out the solution.

Scott