Le 14/05/2017 à 21:23, Stephan Witt a écrit :
I tried to get some numbers. The numbers I got with Instruments were unclear.
The time to go through the english users guide with and w/o the patch is the
same.
The time to go through the hebrew tutorial is not very different.
I’ll attach the profiler runs focussing on QTextLayout::endLayout for hebrew.

I happened to push the commit by inadvertance. This is probably a good idea, let's see.

I'd like neverthless to understand the precise problem. Mike, did the problem exist for you only for Ancient Hebrew? Can you describe for us what is so special about ancient Hebrew? Do you know of other languages that should create similar problems?

What I have in mind is that we might be able to restrict the use of caching to some specific fonts. How would I recognize a font used for ancient Hebrew?