On Sat, Jun 03, 2017 at 11:27:25PM +0200, Guillaume MM wrote:

> Le 03/06/2017 à 17:26, Enrico Forestieri a écrit :
> > commit 55bbd67cde18184082b074f669a6b81cc48257b6
> > Author: Enrico Forestieri <for...@lyx.org>
> > Date:   Sat Jun 3 17:26:05 2017 +0200
> >
> >      Fix bugs #10650 and #9598
>
> Hi Enrico,
>
> It seems that the above commit changes the output of the attached file.

Yes, it changes the latex code but not the typeset output.

> Before:
>
> \documentclass{scrartcl}
> \begin{document}
> \begin{abstract}
> Lorem
> \begin{itemize}
> \item Ipsum{\small \par}
> \item Dolor{\small \par}
> \end{itemize}
> \end{abstract}
> \end{document}
>
> After:
>
> \documentclass{scrartcl}
> \begin{document}
> \begin{abstract}
> Lorem
> \begin{itemize}
> \item Ipsum
> \item Dolor
> \end{itemize}
> \end{abstract}
> \end{document}
>
> Note that the font size of the abstract is small.

Exactly. If you look at the LyX code, the font size is not changed
anywhere. Thus, everything is typeset in small size and there is
no need for {\small\par}. The old code was outputting it, but it
is superfluous.

> I am wondering since this results in a different vertical spacing. Is
> this change intended? Which one is the desired output (I am not certain
> about the first one)?

No, this will not change the vertical spacing. Moreover, if you try
changing the size of the text from small to some other size, you will see
that the old and new code are doing the same thing. Only that the new one
seems to be smarter.

--
Enrico