On 13.06.17 09:41, edu Gpl wrote:
> Ok, this small file.
> There are O in the arabic index (page 2).
> Regards
>
> بتاريخ ١٢‏/٠٦‏/٢٠١٧ ٩:٢٩ ص، كتب "edu Gpl" <mandrivagn...@gmail.com
> <mailto:mandrivagn...@gmail.com>>:
>
>     Hi
>     When i generated my book in lyx 2.3, i got english letters in my
>     physics book (arabic language)?
>     I don't know what is the problem!
>     Please see the index, page 153.
>     Regards

I can confirm that there are two instances of spurious letters in the
original PDF on page 153. So it is not PDF/font problem.

I can confirm that the new MWE produces the letter O out of nowhere with
2.3-alpha1 and TL2017 when run through LyX.

When the MWE is exported to XeTeX.tex and run through XeLaTeX and
makeindex it does not appear.

But when the index-processor in LyX is set from default to makeindex the
letter still appears.

Interestingly the MWE seems to trigger another bug?:
If I open the file, there is no cursor visible.

greetings
Mike