On Mon, Jun 26, 2017 at 02:16:26PM -0400, Richard Heck wrote:
> On 06/26/2017 11:40 AM, Christian Ridderström wrote:
> >
> > On 26 June 2017 at 10:31, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes <lasgout...@lyx.org
> > <mailto:lasgout...@lyx.org>> wrote:
> >
> >          From time to time, we receive patches from people who prefer
> >         to remain
> >         anonymous (e.g. use a nickname and not their real name). It
> >         would be
> >         nice if we had a clear policy on whether we are OK with this.
> >

> >     We cannot be sure that we know who is author of a patch. But we
> >     can have a " best effort" policy. We already have in the repo a
> >     contributor (venom00) who disclosed his real identity only
> >     privately. I think this is a good trade-off.
> >

> > +1
>
> Agreed.

I'm fine with that.

I would like to clarify this in the Development.lyx manual. Does anyone
disagree with the following policy?

    If a contributor of a patch would like to remain anonymous, our
    policy is that they can reveal their identity privately to a LyX
    developer. The LyX developers will make their best effort to never
    use the real name of the contributor in public correspondence.

Does anyone disagree with this policy? Should they send their email to
one/two LyX developers or to develop...@lyx.org?

Scott