Am Mittwoch, 26. Juli 2017 um 10:17:11, schrieb Guenter Milde
<mi...@users.sf.net>
> Dear Kornel,
>
> On 2017-07-25, Kornel Benko wrote:
>
> > Problems are missing glyphs
> >     U+3008 ... U+300F
> > used for special quotes. Using tex-fonts they are emulated with math
> > symbols.
> > (Seen in German and English version)
>
> When I remember right, this is a recurrence of the problem that arised
> after Jürgen added Chinese/Japanese quotes to the "quote special
> character" and documented this in the UserGuide some months ago.
>
> This was the reason to create the file "ignoreLatexErrorsTests".
> Or am I missing something and the error is different?

You are right. The difference is, that now also the de-version contains the
glyphs.

> The main purpose of the document (documentation) is not affected due to the
> emulation-hack for 8-bit fonts.
>
> There are several alternatives to fix the use as non-tex-fonts test case:
>
> a) add support for font-substitution and/or font-mix with non-TeX fonts
>    e.g. http://www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/8701
>    This would allow to define a different font for the CJK quotes.

That would be nice feature.

> b) (re?)add the UserGuide to ignoreLatexErrorsTests

Yes, doc/de/UserGuide, (doc/UserGuide is there)

> c) Don't document CJK quotes in the UserGuide.

They are quotes, so they should be documented IMHO

> d) Don't include CJK quotes in the quotes specialchar -- there is no use case:
>    They cannot be correctly rendered without CJK support but with
>    CJK support they are input by different means.
>
> Günter

        Kornel