Guenter Milde <mi...@users.sf.net> writes:

> On 2017-08-21, Pavel Sanda wrote:
>> Christian Ridderström wrote:
>>> * But then I stumbled upon a still running news service for the lists.
>>>   Possibly this is related to the old 'gmane' service. E.g.
>
>>>     nntp+news.gwene.org:gmane.editors.lyx.devel
>
>>> The 'news' interface is working well so far. And I can go back and see
>>> posts from something like 2003 or so.
>
>> I added the link above to our email lists page.
>
> Also the "traditional" GMANE news interface works fine with lyx. I use it
> with the slrn news reader:
>
>   slrn -n -h news.gmane.org

Thanks Günter. I've now switched my Gnus to use 'news.gmane.org' instead
of 'news.gwene.org' and it seems to work fine.

I've therefore also updated the wiki page to refer to 'news.gmane.org'.

/Christian

The updated note:

-> '''Note:''' As of 14 September 2016, the GMANE web interface is being
   rebuilt following a transfer of ownership. Unfortunately access to
   the LyX mailing lists through the GMANE web interface is still (Aug
   2017) not working.  However, the 'news' service is still operational
   and you can use a news reader to e.g. access posts in the developer's
   list through

--> @@nntp+news.gmane.org:gmane.editors.lyx.devel@@.