On 10/15/2017 12:58 PM, Scott Kostyshak wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 08, 2017 at 02:19:19PM +0000, racoon wrote:

>>> I can't reproduce. My test case was to open the user guide, selected
>>> all, delete, and undo. Both were instantaneous for me. Do you have a
>>> better test case for me?
>> Okay, I think I have narrowed it down to the inclusion of any bibliography.
>> Test case attached.
> Uwe, can you check the file that racoon attached at [1] to see if you
> can reproduce. I can reproduce but only with a very small delay, not the
> one second delay racoon found. So perhaps it is platform-dependent. To
> reproduce:
>
> 1. Open the file at [1].
> 2. Delete the BibTeX inset.
> 3. Undo.
>
> Right after (3) do you see a small delay, compared with when you do the
> above on 2.2.3?

I am confident that Scott's identification of 02847641 as the culprit is
correct.  That forces a re-read
of all BibTeX files on every undo or redo. How long that takes will
depend upon how big the files
are, how fast the disk access is, etc.

I propose to revert that commit in all branches pending a better
solution. I don't think that will be
too difficult to find. It's just a matter of doing the work.

Richard