On Tue, Mar 06, 2001 at 01:17:25PM -0800, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> On Tue, 6 Mar 2001, John Levon wrote:
> > Why do we have this ? It seems a bit ad hoc. Is it just for
> > the convenience of the doc writers or something ?
>
> Put on your asbestos suit! John Weiss is going to hunt you down and smack
> you with his small fish :-) (Find a message from him and look at his
> signature.)

Oh, come now.  I was the one who originally had \typewriter{->} all
over the place, until I was told that it "didn't look good."  Hence
the origins of the MenuSeparator and the "\lyxarrow" macro.

File this one under "you can't please all of the people all of the
time.

--
John Weiss

"Not through coercion.  Not by force.  But by compassion.  By
affection.  And, a small fish."  -His Holiness, the 14th Dalai Lama