On Sat, Oct 28, 2017 at 05:25:46PM +0000, Jürgen Spitzmüller wrote:

> > > If it turns out that Inkscape on Windows cannot deal with paths we
> > > need
> > > to introduce a function for configure.py that returns full path or
> > > only
> > > file name depending on the OS.
> >
> > I think this is the problem as far as I investigated now.
> > OK, I was not yet able to check if the path behind $$p is quoted or
> > note. If not this would explain why it fails on Windows.
>
> It should be quoted. You can check via the messages pane.

So this issue breaks conversion of SVG, EMF, and WMF images for all
Windows users? That is concerning.

I think that many would be able to test without running into this issue
because most users do not have SVG, EMF, and WMF images in their
documents; but I think that many also do have them. Further, it is bad
that users will get errors when compiling the manuals.

I think that this is the type of issue that would not necessarily be a
beta-blocker but that should be an rc-blocker. Indeed, we prioritized
fixing SVG conversion on Mac before rc1, which we did; so I suppose we
should consider this as an rc1-blocker.

Any thoughts on whether this should be an rc1 blocker?

Scott