On Mon, Feb 12, 2018 at 08:57:50AM +0000, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:

> When I wrote this, I thought about a warnings dialog. But now I think that a
> separate log file (configure_errors.log) might be better. It is easier to
> check that the file is not empty.

Ah I see what you mean. Yeah that could work. But it is just as easy to
redirect STDERR manually and check that it's not empty. I'm not sure it
is worth it. Tools such as valgrind have options for this I think, but I
imagine that's because the log can be so large. With configure, the
STDERR output would not commonly be large (I hope).

Scott