On Thu, Feb 01, 2018 at 01:58:54PM +0000, Joel Kulesza wrote:

> I would include the link to the mirror listing. Otherwise, I can imagine
> frustration of having a slow/failed download causing me to then go hunt for
> a better alternative on the website (for a new user, who may not be totally
> familiar with it).

I added the link to the list of mirrors at 37b5aa1e. I think this was a
good change, especially since the upstream FTP was down briefly [1]. I
do not think it is worth it to specify that the upstream FTP is based in
Paris. I'm not close to Paris and have not found the mirror to be slow,
and we have not gotten much feedback about the FTP being slow.

Scott

[1]
https://www.mail-archive.com/search?l=mid&q=AM3PR04MB1297EE16DF1C3AA9FA54445CDEF60%40AM3PR04MB1297.eurprd04.prod.outlook.com