On Fri, Jan 18, 2019 at 04:57:19AM +0100, Richard Kimberly Heck wrote:
> commit b804e8851c33b68caa5057e809a12333741dfe2e
> Author: Richard Kimberly Heck <rikih...@lyx.org>
> Date:   Wed Jan 16 11:13:53 2019 -0500
>
>     Rename emergency file when it is kept.
>
>     Otherwise, we will ask about it again next time, when the file
>     may have changed. Also, if we crash again, we'll over-write that
>     file, which we may not want to do.

Huh. I don't personally find this as an improvement. The previous code
forced you to do *something* about the situation when it's most due --
until you deal with the emergency file properly, you will be asked.
Now you you just hit Keep and postpone/forget about that, which is way
more prone to dataloss than previous situation IMHO.

It's also change of the behaviour for the experienced users so if we
keep this commit we should at least notify about the changed workflow.
Perhaps "Keep and Rename" as the button.

What I would find as a real improvement in the emergency case workflow
is to offer comparison of the emergency and stored file.
I found myself doing this manually bunch of times after emergency file
was created, so new button for that would be handy and not so much work
I believe.

Pavel