On 22 Aug 2019, at 10:39 AM, Richard Kimberly Heck <rikih...@lyx.org> wrote:
> On 8/22/19 10:48 AM, Chris Menzel wrote:
>> Gentle LyX folk,
>>
>> I have installed LyX 2.3.3 on a Dell XPS laptop and, Lo, the installation's
>> bin directory appears to be missing lyxeditor.cmd, which is of course
>> crucial for inverse search. Is this an oversight? Or is it now in some other
>> directory?
> We don't distribute this file.

Huh. Unlike the macOS version, apparently. Why the difference with the Windows
distribution?

> According to this page of the wiki:
>
>     https://wiki.lyx.org/LyX/SyncTeX
>
> it's something you need to create yourself.

The need to create lyxeditor.cmd is only mentioned in the section on Okular for
Windows. That one needs to create it oneself is as far as I can see not
mentioned in the section on configuring SumatraPDF, which is the PDF viewer I'm
using. Might the Keepers of the Wiki consider mentioning the need to create
this script right at the top of the section on SumatraPDF.

Thanks for the info!

-chris