On Friday, January 29, 2021 5:05:19 AM WET Richard Kimberly Heck wrote:
> José, can you look at these please?
>
> Riki

I think that Thibaut wants to impose black[1] on us. :-D

Most of the changes are cosmetic, e.g. one import per line, or to use the same
indentation for documentation.

The only bits where I am unsure are on the regular expressions (I am trimming
the expression to make it easier to read):
-    declare = re.compile('\\s*(\[([^,]*)(,.*)*\])*$')
+    declare = re.compile('\\s*(\[([^,]*)(,.*)*])*$')

The left bracket is escaped but not the right one. What do other, more
knowledgeable about the black magic of regular expressions think?

The are other issues like mistakes in the documentation strings. For the
moment those are harmless, I am referring to e.g. "\c" since \c it is not an
escape sequence it gets transformed to "\\c".

With the extent of the patches I fear that there could be bugs (unintended
changes) lurking specially in relation to python 2.

In particular this just reinforces my feeling that configure.py should get an
overhaul. :-)

This is my preliminary overview. I will keep looking into the patches.

[1] From Henry Ford's T model "You can choose any color as long as it is
black".
https://black.readthedocs.io/en/stable/

--
José Abílio