On Friday, February 5, 2021 10:24:23 PM WET Richard Kimberly Heck wrote:
> Hi, all,
>
> I've put tarballs for Alpha 2, built from f4003593, here:
>
> http://ftp.lyx.org/ftp/pub/lyx/devel/lyx-2.4/
>
> This includes the latest epub export stuff.
>
> Please prepare such binaries as it makes sense to release.
>
> As said previously, we did not get many serious bug reports from alpha
> 1. So if this goes well also we can move at the next stage to feature
> freeze and beta 1.
>
> Riki

Hi Riki,
  one small note to help poor packagers, like me in this role :-) , it would
be nice for the package to have a consistent name between releases.

For alpha1 the directory was called "lyx-2.4.0-alpha1" (OK and the usual
procedure) while for alpha 2 it was called "lyx-2.4.0dev".

I know that this is a small detail. :-)

Best regards,
--
José Abílio