On Tuesday, 1 February 2022 10.23.41 WET Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am looking for feedback about
> https://www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/12417
>
> Basically, now Tab and the depth icons invoke outline in/out when on a
> sectioning layout.
>
> Do you find that this is confusing? The fact is that these two bindings
> have different behavior on layouts that follow the current one. Outline
> stuff is more global (and somewhat broken, see #9375).
>
> The ticket asks to revert b08791f7 (icons) and 31398779/9ab9f2b1 (Tab
> key). What are your thought about this functionality?
>
> JMarc

I was surprised by it. I was expecting for Tab to have a local scope. It was
surprising to me that it affected all the sections at the same level below
that paragraph. I was expecting a behavior similar to what it happens for
lists and enumerations.

The current behavior is also surprising in the sense that, at least in the
examples I tested, Shift-Tab works by promoting a (sub*)section but Tab does
not demotes it (at least here it is consistent with listing and enumerations).

Also as it is if we have:

1. A
2. B
2.1 C
2.2 D

And press Shift-Tab in 2. we get:

1. A
2. B
3. C
4. D

My expectation was for this to become a no-op since it is not possible to
promote 2. B anymore.

Is this the feedback you are expecting?

Best regards,
--