Is the issue displaying it on the screen or in the resulting PDF?

Try GraphicsMagick :-)-O

el

On 2022-02-09 19:46 , Thibaut Cuvelier wrote:
[...]
The bundled ImageMagick (7.0.10.43) takes roughly three seconds, but
produces a PDF with two pages: the first one is either perfect or
garbage, depending on the PDF reader (Acrobat doesn't like it, PDFium
doesn't care and just displays it); the second one is a low-quality
version of the image.  (If I ask for a PNG, ImageMagick works fine,
except the output image is far from nice, all pixelated.)

magick undisplayable.eps undisplayable.pdf

The main reason I'm taking this to the dev mailing list is that
pdflatex doesn't have any problem with this file, while LyX does
without any useful information for the user.  I believe some tool
fails when loading the image, it would be really nice to tell the user
what went wrong (and how they might solve the problem).