After having been running the (then) current LyX on several different
Linux distributions for since the late 1990's I have been running it in
production (my medical practice) since 2005 on Mac Minis, iMacs, MacPro,
almost every MacBook <= 13 inch since, including a 2021 Air M1, using
the (then) current (Mac)BasicTeX and can not recall any (major) issues,
even though there may have been some :-)-O

I switched from Fink to Homebrew many years ago and have not looked
back.

Currently I even install the LyX and BasicTeX "casks" from Homebrew,
which this week led to the update to the 2022 version of the
(Mac)BasicTeX.

I only noticed when LyX would not compile a document (due to missing
(front) packages).  However, my upgrade script writes down a file of all
installed TeX packages prior to the brew upgrade run, so I fired up the
tmlgr on the command line and all was back in order after a few minutes.

That said, from the Crash Log this appears to be a 2020 AirBook, so my
advice is:

        Upgrade that sucker to Monterrey.

        Move away from Fink and get Homebrew

Then trash

        /Applications/LyX.app

and from a terminal window do something like

        tlmgr list --only-installed | awk '{gsub(/:/, ""); print $2}' \
                > $HOME/Downloads/tl.$(date +%F).txt
        brew install --cask basictex lyx iterm2
        perl -i -p -e \
                s+\$SELFAUTOPARENT/+/usr/local/texlive/+' \
                /usr/local/texlive/2022basic/texmf.cnf

In a window opened from /Applications/iTerm2.app enter

        tlmgr install $(cat $HOME/Downloads/tl.$(date +%F).txt)

and ignore the error at the end (caused by some packages already
installed).

If you are bothered by the Security and Privacy squealing

        sudo spctl --master-disable

el