On Wednesday, 8 June 2022 22.47.16 WEST Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:
> Note that, contrary to .tex, the .lyx file format does not consider a
> line break as a space. This is probably a mistake, but it should be
> taken into account.
>
> JMarc

That is certainly a mistake, that Joel pointed last year. :-)
One issue is that in a counterintuitive way we need to leave empty spaces at
the end of lines when we change to a new line to avoid the lyx files to have
very long lines...

In most formats trimming empty spaces at the end of lines does not, in
general, changes the final format while it does it in LyX.
--
José Abílio