new installation of the XCode command line tools which seem to include
python3. (There is no 'python' per se any more)

The gatekeeper issues is easily fixed by

        sudo spctl --master-disable

and if you don't want to do that you can still authorize it in the
System Preferences after the first rejection and it will in future then
run without issues.

el

On 2022-12-07 18:21 , Stephan Witt wrote:
[...]
There is one report of having a problem after upgrade from Monterey to
Ventura (macOS 13) with Python again.  I couldn’t get the information
how this happened.  Probably the upgrade to Ventura breaks the
installed Python 3 from Apple.  One has to reinstall it manually.
[...]
There is another issue I’m aware of.  On some systems the gatekeeper
keeps nagging and says the LyX binary is a suspicious one.  Probably
it’s because of the bundle permissions, the certificate used for
signing or the security settings of users system.
[...]