Am Montag, dem 26.12.2022 um 09:32 +0100 schrieb Jürgen Spitzmüller:
> Am Sonntag, dem 25.12.2022 um 17:53 +0100 schrieb Richard Kimberly
> Heck:
> > +2022-12-25 Richard Kimberly Heck <rikih...@lyx.org>
> > +       * Format incremented to 614: New "Other" type for
> > hyperlinks
>
> Can you make this entry please a bit more descriptive? Which
> LyX/LaTeX
> correspondence do we have here? Is there anything o do for tex2lyx?

Also, I think InsetHyperlink needs to be audited. Now "Web" cares for
"run:" and "[anything]//:" next to the http(s) schemes, "Other" for all
others expect mail: and file:
Seems not consistent to me. Why is "run:" associated with Web?

Furthermore, it seems that "Web" is not only http/ftp(s) URLs, but
anything that has an authority component (or two slashes in the URL).
This all seems not very obvious to users who are not familiar with URI
specifications. Unti recently, the Web tooltip said "Link to the web or
to every other target", but that's of course no longer true with
"Other".

--
Jürgen