As a long time user of LyX, I want to thank you all for this awesome piece of software.  Couldn't live without it!

I installed lyx-devel-2.4.0~beta2-1 and its dependencies from the jamatos copr lyx-devel repository for Fedora 37 X86_64 using dnf.  The program starts and functions normally as far as I can tell, except for the instant preview problem described below.

This same system has lyx-2.3.7-1.fc37 also installed and seeming to work perfectly. Specifically, this bug  does NOT occur on the 2.3.7 installation.

Bug Description: Inclusion of a float inset in a .lyx file prevents instant preview from functioning.  Removal of the float inset restores instant preview functionality.  Details of the float seem irrelevant; the attached MRE contains an empty float which causes the problem, but I've tried non-empty floats too with the same results. Both figure floats and table floats have the same effect.

I've attached two small lyx files as an MRE.  The file preview-test-float.lyx exhibits the bug; it contains an empty float inset.  The otherwise identical file preview-test-no-float.lyx (with no float inset) does not.

The files contain two short equations.  In the example with the float, clicking in and out of the equations does not force preview, and nothing else I've tried seems to either.

Thanks again for all your hard work.  Looking forward to the final release.