On 2023-01-25 18:00, Jürgen Spitzmüller wrote:
Am Mittwoch, dem 25.01.2023 um 17:02 +0100 schrieb Daniel:
I cannot reproduce with preview beta2. When clicking on +/-, I get
steps of 15%. Given that the (system) default is 150%,

Well, 15% is 10% of 150%.

I cannot get to 200% that way.

You need to set default zoom to either 100% or 200% to achieve that.

Also, once one has used the slider, one cannot get "round numbers"
anymore. I suggest to change it to how Word does it: the +
and - buttons always get you to "round numbers" with steps of 10%.
Then, for example, you can get fast to a certain point by using the
slider and then adjust to a round number with +/-.

This does not make sense to me, as you'd get a smaller range with 200%
default zoom that way. The larger the default, the larger the steps.
20% jumps make perfect sense to me on my setting with 200% default
zoom.

Word does not have the concept of an adjustable default zoom AFAIK.
They always have 100% as mean value. Same for Libre.

It might not make sense to you but now you know that it does to some people who are using not 100% or 200% zoom default and rather, say, 150% like the system default (at least on macOS).

Anyway, for system default, there is a solutions that seem compatible with your position:

Set the system default to 100% (and even better make the system default so that it matches the actual size of the font). There was a discussion about this on the list if I remember correctly.

That leaves people who are not happy with system default in the rain. You would lose round numbers that way, but I guess that is acceptable to you if you are consistent.

Alternatively, just name whatever is set as the default 100%?

Daniel