Dear developers,
Perhaps somehow this ‘quality of life’ enhancement could find its way into a
future build.

When using input completion, it would be considerably more convenient to be
able to cycle through completion options by hitting tab again repeatedly, and
to pick the right completion option by hitting return.

As it is now, hitting tab a second time will simply pick the displayed
completion, and if you don’t want the popup to appear automatically, there is
no indication that there are other options for completion. If the > character
would remain visible if other options exist, that would solve it.

You could type ‘philo’, notice the > appearing at the end of the unfinished
word, and hit tab: ‘philosophy>’ would be displayed. You’d hit return to pick
this suggestion, or notice the > again and hit tab again: ‘philosopher’
appears; and so on.

Now, the only way to discover alternative completions is using the popup menu,
and this means having to navigate it with the arrow keys. This is much slower
than the repeated tab-key plus return procedure I described would be, which
would even eliminate, for me at least, and probably for others, too, the use of
the popup menu altogether.

Like my earlier requests for some text editing shortcuts to be implemented,
this is all about making LyX into a seamless, frictionless marvel of flow, a
writer’s dream.

Kind regards, RH