On 7/8/23 04:52, Scott Kostyshak wrote:
On Fri, Jul 07, 2023 at 09:54:00PM -0400, Richard Kimberly Heck wrote:
On 7/7/23 17:57, Scott Kostyshak wrote:
On Fri, Jul 07, 2023 at 02:49:48PM +0200, Pavel Sanda wrote:
On Fri, Jul 07, 2023 at 04:48:49AM -0400, Scott Kostyshak wrote:
If I go to the 2.3.x manuals, and compile the Math manual with 2.3.x, it takes
4 runs. If I compile the 2.3.x manual with master, it takes 6 runs.

Can anyone reproduce? Is this change expected?
I see 3 runs for 2.3 and 6 runs for 2.4. In 2.4 case the final compilation
breaks because of \cmidrule in the table of section 13.3.
Bisection might be useful if you have time... Pavel
OK I'll give a bisect a shot.
I have been trying to finish a book, typeset with LyX, and I've noticed what
seem to be like quite a few more runs as well. I.e., compilation is taking
longer than it did with books written with earlier versions.
Bisect leads to:

   commit 8cb7fb26d758f46bb6582761b88cbec0c3db872e
   Author: Juergen Spitzmueller <sp...@lyx.org>
   Date:   Wed Feb 16 12:03:38 2022 +0100
Fix run of index processor in the export chain (#2696) It does not make sense to issue the index processor before the
       pagination is fixed. Particularly, if (classic) BibTeX is run,
       we need one or more extra LaTeX runs after that before issuing
       the index processor, since the citation labels and references are
       only expanded then, which might change pagination. As a consequence,
       we ended up in wrong index references.
This fixes a 16 year old bug report. src/LaTeX.cpp | 139 +++++++++++++++++++++++++---------------------------------

 From what I understand from the commit message, the number of
compilation runs might be expected, and needed to get correct index