Am Fri, 6 Oct 2023 14:30:24 +0200
schrieb Pavel Sanda <sa...@lyx.org>:

> > > This conflict is, I believe, also present in autoconf builds. The
> > > default there is to build without suffix. If I move to cmake for
> > > openSUSE packages, it's very likely I will continue to build without
> > > suffix.
> > >
> > > Cor
> > >

> > Sure, good for you. But not for my use case.
>
> It's not exactly great idea to ship differently named metainfo files
> when using autoconf vs cmake.
> Did you have at least investigated the implications of stripping org.lyx.
> prefix in the default case?
>
> Pavel

I was not planing to strip that part. The propose was an example.
Plan is:
If lyx with cmake is configured with
        -DLYX_PROGRAM_SUFFIX:BOOL=ON
the built executables have all a suffix. Only in this case should the rename
happen.
        org.lyx.LyX.metainfo.xml -> org.lyx.LyX2.4.metainfo.xml

In all other cmake-settings no rename is planed.

        Kornel