I have created two new branches: 2.4.x and 2.4.1-devel.

The 2.4.x branch will be the basis for the 2.4.0 release and then become the stable branch. From this point forward, NOTHING (except translation updates) should be committed to that branch without a +1 from another developer on this list. We'll start enforcing the more usual commit policy after 2.4.0 is released.

The 2.4.1-devel branch is open for post-2.4.0 commits that are intended for the stable branch. I've created it so that those commits can be pushed somewhere. I have a couple such things myself. If there is no need for an near-emergency release, then I'll merge these into 2.4.x for 2.4.1. If there is, then I'll merge them for 2.4.2. You're welcome to wait and commit things later, but it may be easier to commit now, especially if you're also committing to master. The commit rules here are the usual ones: Please seek my permission as stable branch maintainer before committing.

The master branch is therefore open for 2.5.0 development. I've updated configure.ac. That said, in so far as there are important bugs that need fixing for 2.4.0, let's focus on those.

Riki

--
Richard Kimberly (Riki) Heck

Pronouns: they/them/their