Am Freitag, dem 12.04.2024 um 17:10 +0100 schrieb José Matos:
> In principle I agree with you.
> Is there a counter example where this is undesirable?

Theoretically I can think of cases where one uses, for instance, info
insets in a specific language that should not be changed. But this case
is also there on top level. For any multilingual passage one could wish
to only change one language to another one, not all.

But that's maybe rationale for a dedicated lfun.

In practice, I am more often annoyed by the fact that language changes
do not make it into insets than I would probably be by such special
cases.

--
Jürgen