Andre Poenitz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

| > I want to be able to run my English keyboard as is in most applications,
| > and simultaneously be able to do Arabic/Farsi/etc in LyX.
|
| <aol>
| me too
| </aol>
|
| But I also understand it is not The Right Thing and creates a lot of
| troubles for LyX...
|
| I think the situaton is even a bit more complicated. Sometimes I want to
| use a German and an English key mapping in different places in the same
| document. The current situation is pretty nice for this: Simply change
| keymaps within LyX.
|
| I don't know whether it is possible to change the keymap that X uses from
| within an application only for this application and mabe only for a limited
| time (shorter than the lifetime of the app). Anybody with more
| insight?

With X, not for only on app, you have to change for all apps. But you
can change as often as you want to during the lifetime of apps.

At least with KDE this is _easy_. Other mature desktops should do
something similar.

This is exactly what I am doing to test f.eks. slovenian and norwegian
different latin charsets. I switch back and forth when lyx is running.
No prob.

--
        Lgb