Hi,

I'm a long-time user of lyx and I think that it's a great package (as a
sidenote, I'd love to see it running on Mac OS X, which presumably will
become possible with GUI independence). I've taken to using it for
creating html and pdf files, and there are two problems I've come across,
neither that are necessarily the fault of lyx, but which might be easy to
rectify.

1) When using pdflatex, \usepackage[english]{article},
and \usepackage{a4wide}, it seems as if the paper size in the pdf file is
set to "letter" rather than A4. Using \usepackage[a4page,english]{article}
followed by \usepackage{a4} recitifies the problem. Is there any reason
why selecting "a4 very wide margins" in the document dialog should force
the omission of the "a4page" option to \usepackage{article}?

2) When adding an "HtmlUrl", the documentation says that only the name
will be printed, rather then both the name and the url. This doesn't
happen. Is there any way in which to get Lyx to include the hyperref.sty
package (which, incidentally, will create html and pdf documents with
correct hyperlinks), and then convert

 \begin_inset LatexCommand \htmlurl[lyx home page]{http://www.lyx.org}
 \end_inset

in the lyx file, to

 \href{lyx home page}{http://www.lyx.org}

in the latex (and thus html and pdf) file?

thanks

yan wong
Oxford University Museum