Michael or someone else knowledgible:

a paragraph separation?  Blank lines don't force a separation just a new
newline.  Multiple <br> seems to work okay though.

get a proper list if I'm not allowed to use these tags in a <q> quote?
This is quoting from emails to the list and I wanted to format them to
look prettier while keeping the original authors intentions the same (ie.
ordered list or some preformatted arrangement).

If I can solve this then valid LDN pages are a very small step away.

Do I really have to drop these completely?  Or drop the <q> stuff
completely?  The HTML4 REC doc hasn't helped much here -- or maybe I'm
looking at the wrong places.

I'll download the XHTML spec and see if that offers any hope.

Allan. (ARRae)