Juergen Vigna <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

| Well then we probably should remove the vertical margins too as this also
| is manual layout and probably we should remove a lot of features and make
| lyx base it's output ONLY on paragraph styles!

That would be ideal, albeit a bit utopic.

| I think we can't we have to find some way in between and if we have a
| vertical spacing than we should permit a horizontal spacing too!

or perhaps we should decouple the spacings from the paragraph...

| If we find a package which does this I'm happy to port this to that
| package, but until we don't I think we should leave this in. But obviously
| we're in a democraty and if I'm the only one thinking like this I'll make
| available a patch to have this feature (it's a bit frustrating thought)!

I have no problem with having a paragraph "left margin, and right
margin" option, but we should avoid adding too much to this so that
the "correct/nice" solution will be close to impossible.

--
        Lgb