On Wed, Dec 05, 2001 at 04:56:38AM +0000, John Levon wrote:

> using bv_->text means only a selection in the top-level is found. There might
> be an inset whose ->getLyXText() has a selection, but we won't find it like above.

erk.

insert file as ascii lines won't insert into an inset either.

We need an audit of every single line that bv->text instead of bv->getLyXText
and assert its correctness. Making bv->text private is definitely the way to go ...

john

--
"Faced with the prospect of rereading this book, I would rather have
 my brains ripped out by a plastic fork."