On Thu, Apr 25, 2002 at 04:02:04PM +0200, Lars Gullik Bjønnes wrote:
> outside foo
> outside foo inside anon namespace
> inside foo...
>
> but there is one variant that is not allowed...

If there is one it might be the one in anon namespace.

Reasoning along the lines of: Suppose we had a compiler implementing
'export', i.e. we see some kind of re-compilation at link time. Functions
defined in anon namespace do not need to turn up in the .o at all, so the
re-compilation does not find the function to be called.

Otoh, nested classes are no problem at all since they have proper names and
are accessable in the .o.

But then, this might be completely bogus.

Andre'

--
Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security,
will not have, nor do they deserve, either one. (T. Jefferson)