On Thu, Aug 01, 2002 at 11:49:15AM +0200, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:
> Dekel> (perhaps lyxconvert.py should be renamed to lyxconvert?)
>
> A problem we have with scripts is that the python (or perl)
> interpreter will not be at the same place on different systems.

I thought for most scripting languages there are hacks like

              #!/bin/sh
              # the next line restarts using tclsh \
              exec tclsh "$0" "$@"

> For running scripts from inside lyx, a solution would be to rely on
> script extension to know how to invike it: for example, lyxconvert.py
> would be invoked as
>   python lyxconvert.py

But I really don't care what language is used to implement something.
So if nwe nee auto-detection we should look at the contents.

Andre'

--
Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security,
will not have, nor do they deserve, either one. (T. Jefferson)