Dekel> On Sun, Oct 13, 2002 at 12:02:44PM +0100, Kornel Benko wrote:
>> On Saturday 12 October 2002 20:38, Dekel Tsur wrote: > Since, QT
>> uses unicode internally, we should use that. > This patch allow
>> displaying of non iso8859-1 chars. > Please test.
>>
>> I am unable to display the euro symbols (with or without this
>> patch) with the qt-version. (The xforms-version is ok in using
>> iso8859-15 screen-coding)

Dekel> This is because the lib/languages file does not instruct to use
Dekel> the iso8859-15 encoding for your language. Just edit the file,
Dekel> and replace the current encoding for your language by
Dekel> iso8859-15.

Dekel> PS: Should we replace all occurrences of iso8859-1 by
Dekel> iso8859-15 ?

Are we sure that all systems able to support lyx do have support for
this encoding? Would it be difficult to propose several encodings for
a language, in preference order (like "iso8859-15,iso8859-15"). I am
not sure what semantics this should have, though.

But maybe am I imagining problems that do not really exist...