On Tuesday 10 December 2002 9:57 am, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:

> Lars> Angus Leeming <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes: | Ok, it's out.
> Lars> |
> Lars> | Are we going to keep support for xforms 0.88 and 0.89 in LyX
> Lars> 1.3?
>
> Lars> _I_ would like us to ditch support for 0.88 and 0.89 at once,
> Lars> especially 0.88.
>
> So what was the final decision on this? I think we should get rid of
> 0.88 now, since it is the most problematic. Note however that this
> will cause problems for people who use solaris and for cjk-lyx,
> because of shortcomings ion xforms support for input methods. But this
> problems have to be faced and solved anyway.
>
> JMarc

What is the problem with solaris?

And for cjk-lyx? Do they not get the xevent passed to (the equivalent) of
XWorkArea.C and then "compose" their own multi-byte char? xforms-1.0 passes
all FL_KEYPRESS events to the widgets except IsModifierKey(keysym)

(do_keyboard):
        /* ignore modifier keys as they don't cause action and are
            taken care of by the lookupstring routine */
        if (IsModifierKey(keysym))
                ;
        else
                fl_handle_forms(form, ...);

Xutil.h:
#define IsModifierKey(keysym) \
  ((((KeySym)(keysym) >= XK_Shift_L) && ((KeySym)(keysym) <= XK_Hyper_R)) \
   || ((KeySym)(keysym) == XK_Mode_switch) \
   || ((KeySym)(keysym) == XK_Num_Lock))

Will this break cjk-lyx?
Angus