On Tue, 11 Feb 2003, Dr. Richard E. Hawkins wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 11, 2003 at 03:00:49PM +0100, Alfredo Braunstein wrote:
> > Christian Ridderstr?m wrote:
>
> > > Insert->List & TOC
>
> <etc>
>
> > I know. The question was if there are examples of 'natural' letter which
> > aren't the first one. Are those of your example particularly better than
> > choosing the first 'unused' one?

To be honest, I misunderstood the question and thought the requested
example was only for shortcuts that weren't associated with the first
letter, i.e. nothing about "natural". However, I'd say that
        Minipage
is an example of a natural shortcut, and perhaps also 'x' for export. But
on the other hand, I really _hate_ having to remember 'a' for float...

Actually, I liked your idea of systematically naming the shortcuts until I
read "hawk's" point:

> His stay put when someone adds a feature higher up the menu, or earlier
> in the alphabet.  There afe few things worse than the commands in your
> application changing with each release (this is where MS started losing
> it in the mac market).

Can the user change this through the .bind-files (and also see the change
in the menues)?  (I looked in menus.bind and cua.bind but didn't find
anything there)

/Christian

--
Christian Ridderström                           http://www.md.kth.se/~chr